The therapeutic modalities used in naturopathic medicine (it includes mind-body medicine, clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy and hydrotherapy) integrate conventional, scientific and empirical methodology with the ancient laws of nature.
The six principles that guide the therapeutic methods and modalities of naturopathic medicine are:
- First Do No Harm - primum non nocere
- The Healing Power of Nature - vis medicatrix naturae
- Discover and Treat the Cause - tolle causam
- Treat the Whole Person - tolle totum
- Doctor as Teacher - docere
- Prevention is the best "cure" - praevenire
Here is a list competencies of what a Naturopath truly is.
Call 919-391-8994 for an appointment.